Tuesday, August 7, 2007

When Was your Last Visit?

Don't know what's wrong with me last weekend. Pass by Jalan Parlimen (Hope I got the right road name) and decided to pay this place a visit. hmmmmm....when was my last visit? I was told by my buddy Rim, that was during our Remove Class, which was......15 years back....1992!!!!

But I do not have that memory at all....hehehehehe.....


OK.....So where was I last Sunday?

Yeah, I went to TUGU PERINGATAN NEGARA MALAYSIA (National Monument)
It has been 15 years during my last step into this place.....*touch~(hahahaha)



The Entrance. A typical Islamic "style" of entrance, look very nice from far.



The first thing you will see is this "tower" tomb. I do not know what is the exact name for this tomb. There are 4 sides of bronze plates with some warriors name engraved on it. I can't remember the names...sorry~~But I remember there are a few British names.



YEAH!!!! HERE IT IS!!!!!! TUGU PERINGATAN NEGARA!!! Looks very dignified to me. I can't imagine how was the life like during the time where wars and fights are all around the country. But one thing for sure, the life was 10000 times worst than us now (ask you grand parents).
Salute all the warriors who fight for my beloved country - MALAYSIA !!!



"Dedicated To The Heroic Fighters In The Cause Of Peace And Freedom"

"May The Blessing Of ALLAH Be Upon Them"

~R. I. P.~

A further view. It is surrounded by a very beautiful water fountain.


It is time to say Good Bye.....See you in the next......15 years maybe???




p/s: Oh Yah.....For those who plan to visit this place, please take note on the Waktu Melaway (Visiting Hours). I wasn't notice this until I heard a sound of whistle during my half way taking photos with my Nokia 6300 and saw a smart guy with smart security costume chasing us out from the monument.

8 comments:

guaisaujai said...

I think....I never been there b4...dun feel like wanna go there too~hahaha...

Bernard said...

although near.. we thought we can go there anytime..but it is not..

so how? you got kam dong till lao mah liu or not? you felt Shuangggg...or not? hen lin shuanggggg..(esther style)

Albert Yap said...

guaisaujai - hahahahaha....maybe you are too young for this. Last time when I was a small kid, there was not much place to go beside these kind of place...sp parents will sure bring us there....Not like now,so many kind of entertainment....

p/s: Shit....I talked like my old man....*pui *pui *pui

Albert Yap said...

bernard - hahahahaha....I almost cry and feel like hugging the statue and shout out loud....buekkkkk

MikeM said...

im wondering what about those non-muslim soldiers tat died... will Allah bless them also???

Albert Yap said...

Mic - A GOD will never see you from races. As long as you are a good human and sacrify for the good of the people, they will for sure bless you with all their strength...regardless Allah or Jesus or Guan Yin or Lim Sia Rim...

py said...

erm...tis place...i never go there many many yrs ago!!!!
wahahaahahahah.....

Unknown said...

I just went in June. Brought my son there.