Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pesona

Have been reading a few blogs but didn't see anyone blog about this new baby from Proton. Hmmmm...Maybe ppl don't see this new baby worth a post. But, I think this baby really worth to "hijack" some space of my blog.


Still remember this sooooo secretive advertisement a few weeks back? I admit, this ad did catch my attention and make me purposely went to the showroom to ask the salesman about it.


Me:"Bang, kereta baru ke?" (bro, new car?)
Sales:"Yah...errrr...boleh kata bukan juga." (yes...errrr...can consider no as well)
Me:" ???? Mengapa ???" (??? Why ???)
Sales:"Sama macam Gen 2, hanya ini ada buntut." (Same as Gen 2, but this with butt)
Me:"hmmmm......u pernah tengok kereta benar? cantik tak?" (have u seen the real car? nice?)
Sales:"u bayang la....Gen 2 tapi belakang panjang sikit." (u imagine, Gen 2 but with a longer back)
Me:"errrrrr.....ok.....I tunggu 15th la." (errrrr...ok....I'll wait till 15th) -the launch date was 15th Aug.


Ok....I totally forgot about 15th Aug until I saw a picture of Gen 2 in the 1st page of Sin Chew Jit Pou (Sin Chew newspaper) on the 16th.


"NEW BABY OF PROTON FAMILY ---- THE PESONA!!!!"


If you read how Proton talked bout this new baby of them. They said this is a brand new baby which is a brand new design starts from sketch. They even show us some of the sketches of the car before they decided which to use.

But after I saw the real car....was so surprised....You call this brand new design? They way you advertise and describe this new baby is like this is a brand new design or model....but.....

Neo or Pesona or Gen 2?


Pesona or Gen 2 or Noe? Gen 2 or Neo or Pesona?


I shouldn't be so surprised, should I? YES...I think I shouldn't....why?? Look at the picture below:
.
.
.
.
.

Can you differentiate which is Wira and which is Satria?

quote from Wikipedia
"The Wira was introduced in 1993 as a 4-door saloon and was based on the 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer design, but the styling was slightly modified to distinguish it from the Lancer."


So, I shouldn't be so surprised and be prepared to see this design for the next 14 years...at least....

- Are you ready for the new face lift of Gen 2, Pesona, Neo?
- Are you ready for the Brand New Gen 2 Aero, Brand New Pesona with Bodykit, Brand New Neo Enhance?
- Are you ready for Gen 2 SE, Pesona Executive, Satria Neo GTI?



Not yet???

Then please be prepared !!!

9 comments:

Blur^Sand said...

只是拉长按扁的GEN 2~ Proton只是活在自己的世界, 幻想自己的美丽~ 哈哈!

Bernard said...

卖得不好。。它们只会说。。“国人不支持国货“

头脑简单。所以design 简单咯!

guaisaujai said...

obviously they are bullshitting..
design starts from the sketch??
They humiliating us...They think we all malaysians are fool!

zewt said...

they start sketching from scratch... just that they do it with gen.2 in front of them.

Albert Yap said...

Blur^Sand - "活在自己的世界, 幻想自己的美丽"....I like this one...Bingo!!

Bernard - Their design not 简单 one...just that they do not have much 脑 or lazy to think and design a new model...

guaisaujai - hahaha....they did design the car from the sketch, but not Pesona, the sketch was on Gen 2...LOL

zewt - HAHAHAHA.....all designers sitting on a bangku(stool) surrounding the Gen 2 and start shouting :"LETS DESIGN A NEW CAR!!!! base on gen 2..."

Eileen said...

Until now I cannot differentiate Proton Saga, Wira and Iswara... haha...

R u planning to switch from Mitsubishi to persona? hahaha.. just kidding

Albert Yap said...

Princess Eileen - hahahaha....I rather stick with my little black box if you want me to get the Pesona...

TingTitLei said...

design memang start from scratch! last year when they were making the gen2 that is =D

Albert Yap said...

TingTitLei - yah yah...they are just like your nick...everything alsonot rush...not rush to improve the quality, not rush to win back the customer heart(doubt they even won our b4), not rush to win back the market.....eveything also Ting Tit Lei.......LOL