Thursday, July 19, 2007

God Bless My Mom

*Ring~~*Ring~~*Ring~~

"Yes?"
"Where are you?"
"Having Dinner."
"At where?"
"PJ lor"
"Can come back take me to see doctor?"
"Why?!? What's Wrong?!?!?"
"I feel dizzy....see things very blur....hand shivering..."
"Huh?!?!?! What happened?!?!? OK..OK....I come home now"


Got a call from mom yesterday when I was having dinner. She told me in the phone that she is not feeling as per the conversation above. Dad is outstation in JB, younger brother is now working in Singapore.....Left only mom and maid at home. I've no choice but ask her to hold on and wait for me while I rushing home with my little Myvi. Mom called again during my way home. I knew things might be quite serious. Too bad...that was the fastest I can go with my Myvi.....I miss my Civic at that moment..... =(

After reaching home, I asked mom how she feel, she said she still feeling bad. She told me she felt dizzy yesterday morning and went to see a doc. Doc said her blood pressure is very high...reached 160....0_0 ......She has minor high blood pressure problem all the while, and was having 5mg of Norvasc (Thanks Bernard for letting me know the correct spelling.) all the time. But don't know why, the pressure suddenly gone up this high....

After hearing all this, I decided to send her to hospital instead of normal clinic. At the hospital, doc said her blood pressure is still high and asked us whether want to be admitted or take medicine home? I decided to let her stay one night in the hospital.

After done with all the procedures, I drove home to pick up my maid to hospital and let her accompany mom overnight.

Called mom this morning. Her blood pressure dropped to 130 this morning....phew~~~Now need to wait for doc and see what he is going to advise. Whether to stay one more night or go home.


God Bless My Mom

6 comments:

guaisaujai said...

Wow....glad to hear that ur mum is ok...

sounds so serious...

better take good care of her..

God bless her..

zewt said...

good to know that she is ok...

Unknown said...

Norvasc.

Albert Yap said...

guaisaujai - Thanks for the concern...she is fine now... =)

zewt - yah, I am so glad she is fine...thanks man~

bernard - hehehe...thanks for correcting my spelling mistake...are you a doctor?

MikeM said...

hey... hope things are fine now!!!

Unknown said...

No problem. Yes, I am. Good to hear that your mom's out of hospital d.

I came thru 8GCC forum :-)